- Locally ringed spaces are important in the grand scheme of things.
- The Jacobin matrix is a revolutionary way to transform coordinates.
- Shimura curves are really pointless. (source: Hector Pasten)
- There's affine line between good algebraic geometry jokes and bad
- Algebraic geometry: it's Zariski business.
- Model theory is a very satisfying branch of mathematics.
- Algebraic number theorists have some odd reasons for their food choices
(in other words, they have nontrivial Chow motives).
- No matter how you slice it, the category of sheaves on a site is a topos.
- A wandering monoid in the category of endofunctors would be considered a nomad monad.
- Logicians often discuss their work over a meal of curry. This leads to fewer arguments.
- Discussions about Klein bottles tend to be one-sided.
- Topological K-theory is an extraordinary example of a generalized cohomology theory.
- The discrete topology is fine for most purposes.
- An epic film, about right-cancellative morphisms.
- Algebraic number theory has some serious ramifications.
- It takes balls to study metric topology.
- Making smooth jokes about differentiable manifolds is a bundle of joy.
- If you take a tropical vacation, beware of amoebas.